Sunday, 10 August 2008

Love you Dad!

Father,

Conversations we have never had

We saw each other and parted

Everyday

Anything I needed, I found Mother

So much that, even when I wanted to tell you

Anything, I told it to her

Important I never felt you were to me

Money is all that I got from you

But the day you left

Left for eternity

I understood

That you have made me

A man that I am today

I learnt to stand upright

Work hard and live life

I learnt to be a man

To love people

Stand by anyone in times of distress

I learnt from you

Guard and love the woman you love

I learnt from you

Sweat it out and earn for the family

Stand up against the unjust

Dream and make it true

Breathe and live life

I learnt everything from you

How wrong I was when I thought you weren’t important to me

I look back at the pieces of my life and

Realize that I learnt to walk when you held my hand

Even when I fell, you stood by me, held me and

Inspired me to walk

Now I walk

I walk to life

I miss you now, If only I could talk to you

To thank you for laying your life for me

To thank you for giving me life and making me ‘Me’

But….you have gone, gone forever into the unknown world

Leaving me and telling me to live on my own

I miss you dad, how could I think you were not important to me

How could I think that you have given me nothing but money

I wish you were here, for me to tell you something I had never told you-

Love you Dad.

No comments: